Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Veggin'
















I had an energy spurt yesterday and got 2 of my flower beds weeded. Still have to twist till and mulch but at least 2 are weed free. The maple seedlings have taken over the yard and any piece of soil they land on, now the ash tree is starting to drop it's seeds and it will all start over! I've still got to transplant a couple of things and get some perennials to go in front of the clematis. We've had a great time watching the house finch this morning. The babies are flying now and the whole family has been flitting around. I put out the water yesterday and the babies have been taking a bath. Found a volunteer petunia when I was hunting for the water tray so I transplanted it into a hanging planter. Monday we went to Rural King and got mulch, Roundup, Potting soil, Garden soil, Nyger seed and a couple of tomatoes. Still have to plant those but think I need to get some rabbit fencing as the little stinkers ate the ones JR gave me. We have baby squirrels (young ones actually) and they are fearless. So much fun to watch. There are gobs of baby Robins and they are soooo ugly! I guess God thought that was only right as they are so pretty when they're grown! My wrens are flittering about and I think the young ones have already learned to fly! We still have "Psycho" (for psychedelic) our yellow finch coming to visit. Was going to work on another bed today but it is way too hot. Feels like about a 100 outside. Need to rest my knee anyway. Too d...old to do all this stuff! The lawn is ready for another mow and trim....never ending! All this has made me tired...think I'll have a nap! OH, I forgot, I downloaded some of the Mother's Day picts....enjoy!

No comments: