Friday, April 13, 2012

Back home

Had the funeral yesterday.  Have never been to a funeral with so many people in attendance.  School let out so the students could attend and there were a lot of them there.  So sad.
SisC and I worked on some of the stuff for Brit's Bridal shower.  She has really worked hard getting stuff together and did a great job.  We also went to Menards and spent some money...shed, fountain, flower pots etc.  There is a Black and Decker shop in one of the outlet malls and we stopped there.  SisC is really sad as it is going out of business.  They had a 30% off the marked price and I scored a car vac and an electric blower.  When I unpacked it I found that I also got a vac attachment with it.  Yea me!  I have been saying I needed a yard vac and now I've got one!  Also scored a couple of 20 ft outside extension cords.  The blower is sorta heavy and I think I will have to rig some type of shoulder strap to help with the weight.
This morning we were awakened to the wonderful smell of frying bacon!  JR was fixing us breakfast.  Felt like I was on vacation.  After a great breakfast, we took off to the Amish greenhouse that SisC loves.  I told her I really needed to go home but she insisted I accompany them.  It had the best plants I've ever seen.  Took all my will power to not buy everything in the place.  I did manage to walk out with 4 plants for a hanging basket and 2 plants to go in a shady area that needs something.  Oh yeah, I also got 2 tomato plants.  I'm not even going to start listing the stuff sis got.  I think the next time, I'll forget to take my purse with me!!!
Chooch was so happy to see me when I got home but was really upset with the fact that I had Bella smell on me!  We took a little nap this afternoon, fixed a little supper, checked online and read a little.  Dishes are washing and I am nearly ready to call it a day.
Supposed to be rainy for the next few days so I think I'll try to catch up on some house work and save the sunny days to finish up the yard.  Time to get things finished up.

No comments: