Sunday, June 3, 2012

The soup that grew...

OK, I made chicken veggie soup, sorta.
Used the same veggies that I use in beef/veggie soup.
Had cooked a whole chicken in lots of water so I'd have sufficient broth for the soup.
Took the chicken out and de-boned it.
Threw 3 pkgs of veggies in the broth to boil.
WAY too much broth for the veggie amount.
What to do?
Hummm, I'll add a box of Uncle Ben's Wild rice.
STILL too watery.
Ok, what else will take up some of the liquid?
Egg noodles!
About at this time I remembered that I hadn't added any onion....
Oh yeah, chicken stuff from the jar...
Oops, forgot to add the seasoning from the wild rice mix.
Add in some of the chicken that I had chopped up.
OK, now the noodles.
Cook,  cook,   cook
YUMMMMY
Don't know what to call it but it was sorta like a chicken stew.
Very thick, very filling.

No comments: