Yup, It's true....I've got the " post Christmas blues". Plus, I've got the 'end of the year" GRUMPS!
I can tell you true, BigT wishes he lives anywhere but here. Even the 'Chooch' walks carefully around me. Sad, but true. As I told SisC yesterday, I'm not fit for human consumption. Was going to do some after Christmas shopping but figured it might be best if I avoided that as I would probably end up in jail.
On an even grumpier note, the BigT and I HAVE to lose some weight (think that may be what brought on all these grumps?) and I am so not looking forward to that disaster in the making. We've nearly cleaned up all the junk stuff in the house and it is looking bad for any snacking habits someone in the house might have. Think going 'cold turkey' is the only way for us.
JR gave me the ham bone from Christmas and I made a huge pot of ham/beans...the best ever. I now have 4 containers in the freezer for later. While I was doing that, I put a big pork roast in the slow cooker and yesterday I sliced that up and put some in the freezer. Love having stuff I can take out and use without cooking! Last night I made one of the Aldi bread mixes that come in their own little pan. All you do is add water and let rise 30 min and bake. It was pretty good, real dense and yummy. I'm planning on making some granola bars again. Love them with coffee in the morning.
We didn't get any of the snow that came through Christmas night. That's OK by me...no shoveling. I don't have a snow blower like someone I know! Glad it worked! Makes it much easier on the back! It's gray and gloomy, fits my mood.
Haven't talked to the sickies...hope you all are feeling better, will try to call later today.
To the FL kids...Hope you guys had a good Christmas. I've loved talking to Tgirl over the past few days. Sorry the Macadamia Nut cookies got mushed! Even more sorry that I forgot the d... snickerdoodles, more for me to eat though...
We as a family are so blessed to have SisC/JR in our lives. They spread so much happiness and are so giving, it is easy for the rest of us to take them a bit for granted. Years ago, I would have thought nothing of putting on a holiday dinner. NOW, I know what a job it is. Yet, every holiday, we are invited and encouraged to come to their house and share the bounty that they buy, prepare and graciously give. Each Christmas, there are tons of presents for each child. Hand made chocolates for each adult. And, they ask nothing in return but the joy they get from watching the rest of us enjoy. So, just in case any of your guests forgot.... Thank You for the presents, the meal, the visual treat of your Christmas decorations, the take home trays and the love we take back home with us. "I love you" can never be said too many times.
No comments:
Post a Comment