Thursday, April 4, 2013

Yummmmmmm

Got my ham 'n beans done yesterday and put several containers in the freezer.   I made a double batch of cornbread in Mom's iron skillet...nothing bakes cornbread better than a cast iron skillet!
Today I made another of the penne pasta dishes and this one may have been the best yet.  I had italian meatballs in the freezer and I used them in place of the sausage I generally use.  This time I added marinated peppers and it gave the dish a great kick.  I have a ham in the frig that I think I will bake tomorrow and cut up into meals to put in the freezer too.

Haven't really done much of anything today.  Got some wash done and started a new book today.  BigT worked and the Chooch and I just sorta hung out.

Got doc appts next week so it will be interesting.  I really hate doc appts.

Took the Chooch to the vet on Tues.  His wounds were already healing.  They really looked yucky though.  My knuckle is really sore now and kinda hot pink around it.  Not infected, but not healing really well either.  I'm still kinda creaky and my knee was wonking out today.  Getting old is the pits!


1 comment:

DragonLady said...

so what is the update on the dog attackers??