Saturday, June 14, 2014

I wasn't gonna do it...

But I did!

Yup.  Told Sis that I really didn't feel like doing any flowers or gardening this year, but I just couldn't stand to see the empty pots, etc.  Soooo.  While at WM last week I picked up some flowers for two hanging pots and the 3 tier planter on the front deck.  I had already bought some garden seeds so I put them in some pots in the back yard and put cucumbers and okra in the skid garden.  Today I put the 3 new lavender plants in the front to replace the ones that were ugly.  Replacing wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to dig up the old ones!  Anyway, everything looks a little better right now.  Me, my back is killing me and I really don't know what the heck I was doing buying stuff this year.

On a happier note...I started my second round of knee shots so they should be better soon.  Will have to schedule surgery for the fall though...can't keep putting it off.

We had a wonderful visit with Ldog and D-man last weekend.  I was draggin' on Monday, I can tell you!

Had a trip to see Sis and Doc A last week.  Didn't get my back completely fixed but it is better.  JR had a sales ad for IGA that had better buys than mine so I picked up some beef for the freezer.  It was nearly empty of meat.  We have already had sirloin steak and rib eyes!

Made a custard last night...not sure how I feel about it.  I used egg beaters instead of eggs and I think they gave it a more grainy texture.  It called for grape nuts in the bottom of the pan and then you poured the egg/milk mixture over them.

Think it might be time for a short nap, but first a reminder for the Tgirl!  We need pictures!


No comments: