Took the turkey carcase and cooked it in some water to make a good broth and made turkey/veggie soup today. I used the same WestPac soup veggies that Ldog and I love so much. It really was good. I'm going to put some in the containers I use for the freezer and take the Mama some the next time I go.
We had turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans and dressing last night. BigT was very pleased. There is plenty of turkey left and Bigt has put in an order for turkey salad.
Talked to the Tgirl this morning. What fun. Haven't talked for a long time. It's so hard to be away from family...and I would know!
Another great pict of the Lil'Boo!
Got so much done yesterday. Even got the floors mopped so I could put down the freshly washed rugs. Still have loads to go but at least I have started. Today I am in recuperation mode. The old grey mare isn't what she used to be!
Got the refund check so BigT and I will be off to pick up the new batteries for his Rascal. He is pulling at the bit and raring to go! I am so glad...I hate going to the post office and he delights in the trip! He doesn't know it yet, but he and his reacher are going to get on his Rascal and ride...out to help me pick up the limbs and junk in the yard. I say, put the thing to practical use!
Y'all have a great ending week of March!
No comments:
Post a Comment