Was thinking about Tgirl and her truck last night and that led to thinking about Dad and his Datsun truck... Anyway, knowing how my thought process goes you get the drift. Tgirl has taken such good care of her truck and is still driving it after many years. Dad would have been SO proud of her. He taught all us girls to take care of our vehicles...oil changes, tire rotations, maintenance etc...saying that if you take care of things, they will last you. Don't remember how long Dad had the old blue Datsun, but the last time I drove it, we were picking sweet corn. The clutch and brake were really close together and the floor shift was loose. The floor looked like termites had gotten to it but the thing ran like a dream. The body probably needed some duct tape to hold it together but who cared...it was a farm truck and it ran. He sold it to another farmer, I think, and as far as I knew it was running several years after that. The girls will remember the "Racin' Station" that I bought used just before the Tgirl started drivers ed. We drove that wagon through 2 daughters beginning driving and through the racing years. It did get a crunched bumper when Tgirl cut a little wide getting out of a parking spot at WalMart but other than that I don't think it had any bruises. The engine ran great but the interior was for crap. The headliner was held up to the roof by upholstery pins! We sold it to a guy who worked at the laundry BigT ran and years later when we drove by the plant...there was the wagon...Memories.
Now that I've mozzied down memory lane, I've got to get back to work. Thought you read that wrong, didn't ya? NOT. I had an energy spurt this morning and to my surprise it has lasted longer than the usual 30 minutes. Got all the bedding washed and put away, beds remade, rugs currently being washed, turkey on to cook, giblets simmering, dishwasher unloaded and reloaded and 2 loads of clothes hung up and folded. How about that? Don't think it is going to last much longer but the sun has revitalized me and maybe I can finally get some of the things I've procrastinated on done. Maybe...
The washer is calling me...
No comments:
Post a Comment