Wednesday, July 14, 2010

We've said goodbye to Mom

It's so hard to believe that I won't ever hear Mom's voice again....
I know every time the phone rings right after 7:00 PM, I'll think it's Mom...
No more trips to to her house, watering her flowers, shopping for her at Aldi Foods...
No more pain and fear for her...
She looked so peaceful...
The flowers were beautiful, just like she wanted...
The chapel had a pretty constant stream of people...that would have surprised and pleased her...
Family, friends, church members, and old school chums made the trip to give their condolences...
Her church home provided a great lunch, and we are so thankful...
The minister gave a beautiful message...
Mama looked absolutely beautiful...that would have really pleased her...
All her children and their spouses, grandchildren, great grandchildren and one great,great grand child were able to come...
She was carried by one grandson, grand-sons-in-law, and great grand sons...
A niece-in-law sang a very touching song...
Stories were told, tears were shed, some laughs rang out...
While we are sad, good memories are the focus...
There are things yet to be done...
But the goodbyes have been said...I miss you Mom. Linda

No comments: