Got a lot done today. Blew the leaves off the flower beds and around the house and then ran the mower to mulch them up. The yard looks so nice. Still have to trim off the roses and some of the shrubs, but that is minor. Lonnie came by this afternoon and we talked about the back deck. He left me a list of materials to have the lumber yard deliver and said he could start putting the posts in Saturday afternoon. It's supposed to get cold here this week so they will have a cold time working. Once the deck is done, then he'll do the shed. I plan to save the front deck to do in the spring. I have to move some flowers where the deck will extend and I want to be able to plant them again. I think I will get the Christmas stuff out of the shed tomorrow and get going on that. A lot of stuff will have to come out of the shed anyway when they work on it so I might as well get a head start. I'm so excited that it won't be long until I can fence in an area for the Chewy dog!
This will be a busy next week too. I have to go to the lumber yard, BigT has a sleep study appt., Thanksgiving dinner with the G'pa, Thanksgiving dinner with the SisC/JR and a crash day to rest up from all that.
Yeah! The furnace repair guy came this morning and he said he didn't have to replace the flu. It was clogged solid with bird nests and he couldn't believe the furnace was still working. He guessed it was pretty loosely packed so the air was still moving. It was so full he couldn't get it all vacuumed out so he set it a fire and then we turned the furnace up to help heat it up and loosen it more. When he got all the junk out, he put the top back together, screened it in and spray painted it to stop the rusting. What a guy! Now all the furnace stuff is done for this year.
Gonna hit the Home Depot or Lowes this next week too. Got several things I need to get things ready for winter. The way it feels, I think this winter will be a hard one!
SisC/JR's Screen room is going to be done by Thanksgiving. I can hardly wait to see it. I'll take pictures and post so you girls can see it! SisC has had a bad lawn mower Fall....both the season and a real fall! She hit a stump with their mower and ran Lucy's off a retaining wall...got a couple of bad bruises but other wise she said she is OK. The same can't be said for their mower...broken blades, bent shaft and deck.. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment