Friday, April 29, 2011

What a Day!

Oh what a glorious morning, Oh what a glorious day....every thing's coming up roses, Oh what a Wonderful Day!   (slightly paraphrased) 
Got out and got with it this morning.  Had to go into town and get some gas for the mower.  I was just getting into the work when this white car pulled into the drive... thinks I....who the heck is that...someone lost maybe...NOT!  It was my sis DD and J!  It was just a quick hi/how are ya/gotta go but it was great getting to see them.  DD looks great and J looks much more rested than the last time I saw him.
Allen called this morning and said he had been sick the last few days and could we do the fence next week.  That actually gave me time to get a lot done today.  Got the battery (dead) in the riding mower and the neighbor jumped it for me but even after I ran it for awhile it wouldn't start again so I am off to WM for a new one tomorrow.  Got the oil changed and the filters checked/cleaned and changed the oil in the trimmer.  Put the deflector on the new push mower and reconnected the handles (from transport).  It is still pretty wet so I only mowed part of the yard.  There are still sticks that need to be raked up.  The carport looks completely better.  I got the shed swept out and all the containers back where they belong on the shelf.  The shed is sooooo full.  Cleaned out the extra garbage containers and put the alum cans in the van so I can turn them in tomorrow on the way to get the battery.  Got all the 2x6's that were rummaged through during the deck construction picked and stacked up better.  The storage cabinet got a straighten and toss.  Didn't clean off the carport but it is free of junk for the first time in 6 months! YEA ME!  The car is still full of garden/potting soil and quick crete but that will hold until later.  The grill is sitting in the LR waiting to be put together and the gazebo is still in the box on the carport.  Can't move that heavy sucker so it will have to wait until Allen comes to help. 
All in all, I feel pretty good...took some pain meds, rolled on some BioFreeze and me and Chewy took a good long nap.
Chewy did really well at the vets yesterday.  The said he didn't give them much trouble.  I think I am really going to like going there.  He came home all fluffy and smelled so nice!  He did have some bacteria in his ears so I have to do a rinse once a week for awhile.  He has Trixefa (sp) ordered so he will take one pill a month for fleas, worms and heart!
Talked to SisC...Bella is feeling better!  Still has pills to take and another trip to the vet to make sure all the infection is gone.  SisC/JR are now the proud owners of stack washer/dryer and a new gas stove...frig yet to come.  Sorry to say, Sears majorly FUBARed the great buy she got on the appl there and ended up getting them all back!  Go SisC!   So sorry you had all the trouble but it sounds like you may have got better appl that you will like even better.
Ldog...Gotta love those garage sale bargains!  Those pix of L'Boo are precious!  Am so looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

No comments: