Saturday, September 4, 2010

I musta' been crazy

One night down...
L/R/D took off for home today. We had a wonderful visit, even if it was short.  D is growing so fast and is so fun to watch.  He loved the long hallway (once the gate was down) and took off at a run.  He'd stop, turn around and check to see if Daddy was watching and grin from ear to ear.  Freedom...no pack n play!  He methodically emptied the baskets of DVDs and PS games.  Pride of the Yankees was his favorite DVD and he carried it while he ran from one end of the living room to the other.  Once in a while he would make it by the guards and run into the kitchen.  All kinds of things to get into in there...dog food, fan...  Can't believe how quiet it is when they leave.
G/S stopped by this afternoon on G's new Victory cycle.  It is ice blue and sorta looks futuristic!  BigT was showing off Chewy...all G said was "he's just a puppy!"  S fell in love with him and is thinking of one for herself.  We took him outside and let him play while we inspected the cycle.
On the "news" front...Lib/S are hopefully going to get a new home soon.  I'll fill you in as news comes in.
G'pa is still in the rehab nursing home.  His oxygen keeps fluctuating so he still can't go back to the assisted living center yet.
Now...as to the puppy!  Chewy is the name that BigT chose...short for Chewbacca.  I'm afraid it is going to fit him all too well.  Tonight he has been fascinated by the computer cords...We took a nap this afternoon.  I told BigT that he was very good because he hates being in the cage.  Tonight he has been playing and is so much fun to watch.  I put newspaper in front of the door and he has systematically pulled each piece over to the desk.  His favorite toy so far is the shag rug in front of the door.  I think I can safely say that nothing will ever be the same again.  So far we have only a few successful outside potties...but he loves romping in the grass.
Well, gotta go.  Didn't get any really good picts so will try again.

No comments: